Tuesday, 22 March 2016

MINIATURE PAINTING IN DIFFERENT STAGES

This is the sketch for my miniature done on paper.
I worked on the bird with colour pencils and watercolour and drew the landscape I wanted for the project in pencil.



After the silk is stuck on a board with starch, the drawing is sketched with pencil and then outlined with brown poster paint and a thin brush.
First the background of the area I am going to work on is painted (hill on the right). It takes two coats of paint (poster paint).
The next step is the shading that you can see on the hills.
Finally the details are painted area by area.


Here you can see better the different stages of the work: plain backgrounds, backgrounds with shading, detail work.
The background landscape is painted before working on the bird.


The bird is now finished and the leaves, plants and flowers are started.
Details are added on the hills too.




Work on the foreground. It is not finished but I am getting there!



 
I have now decided that it was finished.
It is sometimes difficult to know when to stop because there are always details that you can add to a miniature!



This is the final project for a card as I will have it published.
After scanning my painting on Photoshop, I have worked on contrast, vibrancy and colour balance.
All in all, this represents about 30 hours of work.












No comments:

Post a Comment